libfunutil: a C++ library for fun stuff
libfunutil is a C++ library sporting the following features:
libfun is for Unix-like systems, and building it requires the Qt
libraries and header files, downloadable from for free from TrollTech.
(Qt is normally pre-installed on most modern Linux boxes.) Qt version 3.0 or higher
should work and older versions might work.
- An easy-to-use serialization library which saves to and loads from XML,
plain text and two different binary formats. This allows easily adding
serialization support to your objects, and provides a framework for cross-application
- A command-line utility for converting between the supported serialization formats. You can,
for example, convert binary to XML, edit it with a text editor, then convert it back to binary.
- A classloader for loading C++ classes from DLLs.
- API documentation, provided you have either KDoc or Doxygen installed.
- DieRoll, an extremely flexible class for simulating dice rolls of arbitrary dice types (e.g., 27d7+42).
libfun has been a core component
of the QUB project for over 3 years, and
has proven to be stable and very useful.
Note that the source code is currently undergoing many organizational changes
as it transitions out of the QUB tree: we will post it as soon as it's
usable as a standalone tree.
Contact the developers at: email@example.com
libfunutil is hosted by:
and is developed in conjunction with toc and QUB.